Totally Frugal Forums
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Totally Frugal Forums > Frugal Tools > Shopping the Totally Frugal Way
User Name
Password
Shopping the Totally Frugal Way Coupons, Deals, Grocery Ads, all the tools to keep your shopping down.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 AM

colemank is on a distinguished road
Default How much is a 5 lb bag of flour where you live?

Time for the weekly poll again... I figure that many of us are trying to stock up a bit on flour or wheat... If you don't use flour but buy wheat can you list what approximately 5 lbs of wheat berries would cost you?

I went to the store on Saturday and bought a 5 lb bag of organic white all purpose unbleached flour for $3.49! That price is up from a couple of weeks ago when I bought the same bag for about 2.50! Crazy...

I did price a regular 5 lb bag of flour. The commissary had 2 different brands: gold medal and Pillsbury. Gold Medal was priced at 1.15 and Pillsbury was on sale for .99... I tell you if I wasn't into organic I would have bought 4 bags of pillsbury for just over the price of 1 bag of organic...

July Grocery Challenge: /$500
July Coupon Savings:
July Stockpiling Total: /$40
July Fuel Challenge: /$120

Earn or Save $5.00 Challenge: first week 50/$5
second week /5
No Spend Day Challenge: 6/31
No Eating Out Challenge: 8/31

Weight Loss Challenge:

Change Jar: $58.15
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 AM

Maggie is on a distinguished road

Last week at Aldi it was $1.58 which I thought was high, but I haven't bought for a month, so I'm not sure. In the beginning of March I paid $1.19 for 5 lbs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No spend days for June 9/28(goal-18)
Earn or Save Challenge for June
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
$18.01 (goal $40)
Grocery Challenge ~ $274.19/$300 -- Gas Challenge ~/$100 (whole month)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:06 PM

Polly is on a distinguished road

Cub Foods brand all purpose white flour is on sale this week for 3 bags/$4 ($1.33/bag). I did manage to catch 5# bags of Gold Medal Bread flour on sale for 99 cents each a couple of weeks ago. I hope to get up to the Amish bulk food store in the next couple of weeks, and will pick up a 25# bag while I am there.